ECC Services to Engineering Students
Examples of ECC services to students include:
- Presentations to undergraduate and graduate engineering students include: why building connections and valuable experiences with transferable skills are important early in a student’s college career, resume writing, job search strategies, personal presentation and interviewing skills, resources to assist job hunting, networking, average starting salary data, the utilization of www.UICcareers.com job search program for internship and full-time jobs and more
- Presentations to Engineering classes on campus
- One-on-one advising with students
- Presenting to and advising of 22 UIC student engineering societies on the importance of internships or cooperative education while enrolled at university, employment sources.
- Assisting student engineering groups with corporate engineering contacts to speak to their groups
- CPT (Curricular Practical Training) authorization for International Students to gain employment authorization in the USA - working with the Office of International Services.
- Setting up and coordinating the spring and fall Engineering Career Prep Day. This ½ day event brings together UIC Engineering alumni to mentor current COE undergraduates in small groups and provides for a panel discussion of engineers from varied disciplines to discuss their experiences, areas of expertise and advice to these future job seekers.
- Working with the UIC Engineering Council (student group) with preparation and execution of the annual All-Engineering Career Fair on the UIC campus. This job fair is open to current UIC Engineering students and UIC Engineering alumni.